|KATHARINA RIBBECK||PRINCIPAL INVESTIGATOR||RIBBECK@MIT.EDU|
-Congrats to Wes for passing his oral quals!!
-A new publication has been accepted in Reviews on Progress in Physics: Material properties of biofilms – key methods for understanding permeability and mechanics
Congratulations to Nicole Billings, Alona Birjiniuk, Tahoura Samad and others!
-Katharina was honored as one of Popular Science's Brilliant 10 of 2014!! Congratulations!!
-A new publication has been accepted in Biomacromolecules: Sugar-Mediated Disassembly of Mucin/Lectin Multilayers and Their Use as pH-Tolerant, On-Demand Sacrificial Layers.
Congratulations to Roberta Polak, Thomas Crouzier and others!
-A new publication has been accepted in New Journal of Physics: Single particle tracking reveals spatial and dynamic organization of the E. coli biofilm matrix
Congratulations to Alona Birjiniuk, Nicole Billings and others!
-Congratulations to Tahoura who was awarded a Graduate Research Fellowship from the National Science Foundation!
-Katharina was featured in this month's MIT News Faculty Highlight. Check it out!
- A new publication has been accepted in Biophysical Journal: Spatial configuration and composition of charge modulates transport into a mucin hydrogel barrier
Congratulations to Leon Li, Thomas Crouzier, and others!
- New publications in Biomacromolecules, PLOS ONE, and PLOS Pathogens are in press! Please see the publications page. Congratulations to Thomas Crouzier, Nicole Billings, and Grace Yao!
- Katharina Ribbeck received the 2013 John Kendrew Award for Excellence in Research and Science Communication.
- Congratulations to Dr. Leon Li!!
- We welcome our newest lab member Wesley Chen, a Biological Engineering graduate student!!
- A new publication has been accepted in Current Biology: Mucin biopolymers prevent bacterial aggregation by retaining cells in the free-swimming state
Congratulations to all the authors and in particular to Marina Caldara, Ronn Friedlander and Nicole Kavanaugh!!
- Find us at the 6th ASM Conference on Biofilms in Miami. From September 29th to October 4th.
- Congratulations to Julia who was awarded a Student Traineeship grant from the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation!!
- Congratulations to Thomas and Collin for their latest publication in Biomacromolecules entitled Mucin multilayers assembled through sugar-lectin interactions.
- A short film on the the wonderful world of mucus, written and directed by Andrew Rajczewski is now available. Go see A Mucus Story.
- Congratulations to our own Grace Yao,winner of the BE-BMES Johnson & Johnson Excellence in Biomedical Engineering Research Prize!
- Congratulations to Thomas who was awarded the Marie Curie International Outgoing Fellowships for career development (IOF)